The ASB Visa Light credit card has no annual fee and the lowest purchase rate of all the ABS cards of just 13.50%. It also has 0% on balance transfered for 6 months. This card might be suitable for you if you are struggling to pay off your credit card debt or intend to accumulate a significant credit card debt.
- Purchase Rate: 13.50%
- Cash Advance Rate: 22.95%
- Balance Transfer: 0% for 6 months
- Annual Fee: $0.00
- Interest Free Days: 55 days*
- Card Reward Details: Not offered
- Credit Limit: Not defined
You have to be a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident, and have a good credit history to apply for and be approved for a Credit Card with most New Zealand banks. Your eligibility for a credit card would depend on a few criteria listed below. When you apply for a card, the bank would ask you a few questions about these criteria to determine your eligibility.
Documents RequiredIn general, the following documents are usually required for credit card applications.
Proof of IncomeOne of the following:
- your most recent payslip or salary notice
- copies of bank statements that show your pay or salary deposits
- a letter from your employer confirming your income
- an Inland Revenue Department (IRD) “summary of earnings” notice.
- signed financial statements for the past two years
- a signed personal Statement of Financial Position
- your personal tax return.
Proof of IdentityA copy of one or two items from List A. If you provide only one item from List A, you must also provide one item from List B.
- Current passport
- New Zealand drivers licence
- 18+ card
- Photo Credit Card
- Most recent bank statement
- Debit card
- Credit card
- Community services card
- Club or society card.